Did you miss the Women of the Word Book Club Meeting? Not to worry! We recorded the session!
In this Women of the Word Book Club You’ll Hear:
- How our typical approach of study shapes the way we actually study the Bible
- The three stages of Bible study and how they each seek to answer a specific question about the text: comprehension, interpretation and application
- The six different comprehension tools Jen suggests will be the most helpful tools to learn how to dig deep and study the Bible more intentionally
- An understanding of the difference between the different translations of the Bible (NIV, ESV, NKJV, etc.) and interpretations (The Message, NLT, etc.)
- How God designed His Word with order and purpose and how that affects how we approach Bible study ourselves.
- Flower Mound Women’s Bible Study – a collection of previous Bible studies Jen Wilkin has lead using this study method
- Women of the Word: How to Study the Word with Both Our Hearts and Our Minds by Jen Wilkin
Can’t see the video? Click here to view the replay on YouTube.
We have made the replay available on YouTube because some of you expressed that you did not want to get a Twitter account which is currently the only way you can use Blab.
We will be uploading the replays each week, so subscribing to my YouTube channel will ensure you get a notification the minute it’s live. This means you can watch the replay Tuesday night after work or when the kids are in bed instead of waiting until this post goes live. 🙂
What You Need to Know for Next Week:
The Discussion Guide
Though simply reading the book is enough, if you want to be able to think through the discussion questions before hand, we are using Crossway’s Study Guide for our discussion guide.