I’m currently rounding third base and heading into the final weeks of my second pregnancy. I’m nesting, organizing, cooking, and starting to waddle just a little bit (or maybe a lot of bit depending on how fast I’m trying to get somewhere). With Nikki and I both adding a new bundle of joy to our lives this year, we thought it would be fun to do a pregnancy series here on the blog. You know, while it’s still fresh on our brains!
What to Expect from Grace for the Pregnant Mom Series
Pregnancy and preparing for birth is the beginning of parenthood. It’s an important part of God’s plan for your life and the life of the child you carry.
For you formed my inward parts: you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there were none of them. ~Psalm 139:13-16
Grace for the Pregnant Mom Series is meant to encourage you in your journey of pregnancy. We will be sharing our experiences, research, and tips with you in hopes of helping you to embrace the gift of pregnancy.
What We Plan to Cover in Grace for the Pregnant Mom Series
We plan to cover a lot of ground and talk about many, many topics during our pregnancy series. Some of the topics include:
- Choosing Where to Birth (Hospital, Birth Center, Home Birth) & How to Prepare for Each
- Creating a Birth Plan with the Lord in Mind
- Bonding with Your Unborn Child & After Birth
- Herbal Pregnancy Information
- Pregnancy with a Traveling (or deployed) Husband
- Preparing for Labor Day
- Overcoming the Frump in Pregnancy
- Benefits of Massage During Pregnancy
- Ultrasounds & Are They Really Necessary?
- Doulas: Why You Would Want One & How to Choose One
- Birth Story Round Up of Posts
- Preparing for Baby (freezer cooking, nurseries, and more!)
We have a lot of ideas and we’ll write as we can on the topic. So come back often over the next few months for our pregnancy series as we talk about pregnancy and babies. Better yet, subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you don’t miss a thing!