How can you be intentional in your retirement years? In this podcast episode that’s exactly what we’re going to be talking about!
Over the summer, I emailed my newsletter list asking them how their summer was going. To be honest, I was feeling a little lonely and really worn out from the toil of mundane ministry work. I needed desperately to connect with my readers and to know that they were there still.
Online work is a tricky thing. I can’t exactly SEE YOU, so sometimes it’s hard to know if what I’m providing is landing well or not. I want to give you the best resources, and this summer I was pretty worn out.
So I sent an email to my list, and God in His goodness led so many of you to hit reply on that email, and one of the dear ladies was long-time reader, Denise.
As we emailed back and forth, I discovered pretty quickly that I wanted to get her on the podcast. She is a wealth of wisdom and joy and energy! I know you’re going to love this episode.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- What life is like in the empty nest years
- How she’s dealing with knowing this is her final season of life
- The power of setting small goals that add up over time
- How she intentionally invests in the lives of her grandchildren
- How she cultivates life in her marriage
Click the play button below to listen to the podcast:
Links from this Episode:
Mary Jones and her Bible, by Mary Ropes
Adorned by Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth
Praying the Attributes of God by Rosemary Jensen
Keepers of the Lost City by Shannon Messenger
The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
Melanie Cellier Retelling of Fairy Tales
Intentional By Grace Reading Challenge
It’s never too late to sign up for the Intentional By Grace Reading Challenge. Learn more here.
Be sure to sign up for the newsletter:
This podcast is jut one of many ways I seek to invest in the lives of women.
New to Podcasts?
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, commute to work, or wash dishes. We’ve found even our children enjoy having a podcast on in the background as they play.
How to Listen to this Podcast:
1. Listen right here on the blog. You can download the podcast to your computer or listen to it here on the blog. You can see it in the “podcast player” just above this section you’re reading. Simply press play to start listening.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. A quick search from your favorite device should show up a reliable source. Apple has a free one in the app store that we actually use. You can even speed up the play time to make listening go a little faster for you. I listen to most podcasts on 1.5 or 2 speed.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – You can also listen and subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes by clicking here. The same goes for your favorite listening device. Check out these players below:
Would you leave a review on iTunes?
Since this is a brand new podcast, it would help if you would leave a review on iTunes. This helps iTunes see that this podcast is actually useful, and it will help me get the word out about the Made to Give Life Podcast.
Have a Question or Topic You Would Like Me to Cover?
Simply send me an email and submit your question.
I look forward to growing together with you this year!