Earlier this year I picked up the book, Memory Making Mom, by Jessica Smartt. I was intrigued by the tagline of her book, Building Traditions that Breathe Life Into Your Home.
I wasn’t quite sure what to expect, but can I be honest?
It’s one of the best books I’ve read so far this year.
Once I picked it up, I couldn’t put it down.
And after I finished reading it, I knew I had to get Jessica on the podcast.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- What it means to be a memory making mom (and what it doesn’t mean)
- Inspiration for breathing life back into your home (and why it matters)
- An honest look at the life of a mom who hasn’t always been a “memory making mom”
- And so much more!
Click the play button below to listen to the podcast:
Get Your Copy of Memory Making Mom
Memory Making Mom: Building Traditions that Breathe Life Into Your Home, by Jessica Smartt
Follow Memory Making Mom, Jessica Smartt
Links from this Episode:
- Digital Minimalism, by Cal Newport
- Deep Work, by Cal Newport
- At Home in Mitford, by Jan Karon
- Dear Daughters, by Susie Davis
- Can Your Feelings Make You Sick? How Anxiety and Depression Affect Your Health
- Read the Bible Through in a Year
- I Haven’t Read My Bible in a While
- Are You Missing the Point of Your Quiet Time
- The Next Right Thing, by Emily P. Freeman
- What is a Family?, by Edith Schaeffer
- No, Your Kids Aren’t Bored – They Are Lazy
- Summer Survival Guide: How to Survive Your Kids Being Home 24/7
- 20 Great Books for Little Boys
- Summer Reading List for Boys
Be sure to sign up for the newsletter:
This podcast is jut one of many ways I seek to invest in the lives of women.
New to Podcasts?
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, commute to work, or wash dishes. We’ve found even our children enjoy having a podcast on in the background as they play.
How to Listen to this Podcast:
1. Listen right here on the blog. You can download the podcast to your computer or listen to it here on the blog. You can see it in the “podcast player” just above this section you’re reading. Simply press play to start listening.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. A quick search from your favorite device should show up a reliable source. Apple has a free one in the app store that we actually use. You can even speed up the play time to make listening go a little faster for you. I listen to most podcasts on 1.5 or 2 speed.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – You can also listen and subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes by clicking here. The same goes for your favorite listening device. Check out these players below:
Would you leave a review on iTunes?
Since this is a brand new podcast, it would help if you would leave a review on iTunes. This helps iTunes see that this podcast is actually useful, and it will help me get the word out about the Made to Give Life Podcast.
Have a Question or Topic You Would Like Me to Cover?
Simply send me an email and submit your question.
I look forward to growing together with you this year!