What do you do when the pressures of life mount and you feel like you might just break at any given moment?
How can you stop living in a perpetual state of overwhelm and chaos?
Will you ever get the chance to live out that dream God placed in your heart?
If you’ve ever asked yourself any of these questions, or you just feel a little off-kilter right now, then this podcast episode is for you.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- An exhortation that you are not at the mercy of your circumstances
- Three steps you can take right now to get back to a heart of rest
- Encouragement to put to death two lies that are keeping you in a perpetual state of overwhelm
Click the play button below to listen to the podcast:
Use the time stamps below to skip to any part of the podcast:
- 5:58 – Realizing that I’m not at the mercy of my circumstances
- 6:23 – Overcoming the mindset that I can’t do ministry and have a family
- 7:01 – Learning that seasons come and seasons go, and living seasonally is a part of life and ministry as Christians
- 7:53 – The moment when I found myself on the brink of burnout
- 8:28 – Signs that I have hit the brink of burnout
- 9:30 – What to do when you hit seasons of overwhelm
- 14:37 – Hitting refresh on our routines and setting boundaries on our habits
- 16:36 – What to do once you start feeling back on top again
- 17:07 – The key to truly getting out of the state of overwhelm
- 19:59 – As women we tend to live in a perpetual state of overwhelm
- 20:16 – Our need to understand a couple of lies we are believing that perpetuate this cycle of overwhelm
- 22:13 – The first lie we believe that keeps us in the perpetual state of overwhelm
- 30:01 – The second lie we believe that keeps us in the perpetual state of overwhelm
Links from this Episode:
- Canva.com (a free tool for creating printable checklists for your family)
- Seasonal Meal Planning
- Unoffendable: How Just One Change Can Make All of Life Better, by Brant Hansen
- Stepping Heavenward, by Elizabeth Prentiss
Free Guide to Developing Your Personal Mission Statement
Are you ready to get crystal clear on your purpose and start living in freedom, sister?
Then pop your email address into the box below and I’ll send you my free guide to developing your own personal mission statement. To learn more about this free guide, click here.
The Made to Give Life Seasonal Goal Planner
If you’re ready to stop the chaos, and start making intentional, deliberate choices to breathe life back into your home, your church, and your community this year…
Then the Made to Give Life Seasonal Goal Planner is just the tool you need.
This isn’t just another planner. It’s a way of life.
New to Podcasts?
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, commute to work, or wash dishes. We’ve found even our children enjoy having a podcast on in the background as they play.
How to Listen to this Podcast:
1. Listen right here on the blog. You can download the podcast to your computer or listen to it here on the blog. You can see it in the “podcast player” just above this section you’re reading. Simply press play to start listening.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. A quick search from your favorite device should show up a reliable source. Apple has a free one in the app store that we actually use. You can even speed up the play time to make listening go a little faster for you. I listen to most podcasts on 1.5 or 2 speed.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – You can also listen and subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes by clicking here. The same goes for your favorite listening device. Check out these players below:
Would you leave a review on iTunes?
Since this is a brand new podcast, it would help if you would leave a review on iTunes. This helps iTunes see that this podcast is actually useful, and it will help me get the word out about the Made to Give Life Podcast.
Have a Question or Topic You Would Like Me to Cover?
Simply send me an email and submit your question.
I look forward to growing together with you this year!