Do you need some gift ideas for the “older” Christian women on your list? Then keep reading because we have you covered!
When it comes time for Christmas, we all want to give meaningful gifts that matter.
Gift giving is a representation, a symbol of sorts, of the ultimate gift that Jesus coming to earth as a baby was and is to us.
The opportunity we have each year to bless the older women in our lives is such a privilege!
For some of us coming up with gift ideas for others is easy.
But for many of us it can be a challenge to pick out just the right gift that will bless and encourage the recipient in the true meaning of Christmas.
So, today we want to help generate some ideas for the “older” Christian women on your Christmas list.
As women, we were made to give life.
It’s in the very DNA of the way God designed us.
Therefore, the items on this list will encourage and bless the older women in your life to become the women of God they were created to be.
Whether it’s through a practical gift like books, or an action-oriented gift like taking her out for coffee, you will bless the Christian women in your life with life-giving encouragement this Christmas.
10 Christmas Gift Ideas for Older Women
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I am also an affiliate of other affiliate programs for individual companies. You can see my full disclosure policy here.
Want to shop this list on Amazon? Check out our gift ideas for older Christian women storefront here.
1. Something to Encourage Her Faith
But if you’re looking to buy a book, then check out these:
2. Something to Remind Her She’s Appreciated
- Handwritten note telling her all the ways she’s loved you well over the years. If you have children, they can write notes, too.
- Are you creative? Paint a picture, write a poem, or write a song that tells her how much you appreciate her
- Make her a card with encouraging scriptures or pictures that she can keep as a keepsake
- A collage frame filled with pictures of the two of you, other family members, or of the grandchildren.
3. Something to Warm Her Soul
- Pair an encouraging mug with some special tea or her favorite coffee.
- A weighted blanket might be nice for those restless nights.
4. A Bible Study to Teach Her Heart
- We recommend checking this one out: 1 Peter: A Living Hope in Christ by Jen Wilkin
- Or we have more here on this list: 10 Bible Studies that are Worth Doing
5. Jewelry to Remind Her of Truth
- This Strength bracelet is a perfect reminder for her of Who’s strength she is relying on each day.
- If she’s your mom, this Pewter Pendant Necklace is nice.
6. Music to Lift Her Spirits
- Chris Tomlin’s Holy Roar
- Audrey Assad’s Inheritance on vinyl has beautiful arrangements of beloved hymns
7. A Coffee Date and a Few Laughs
- Sometimes we can get so busy during the holidays that we don’t always take time to stop and chat with a friend or loved one. Invite your friend, mother, or grandmother to meet you at a coffee shop and pay for her purchase. Then enjoy talking about anything but your to-do lists.
8. Something to Remind Her She’s Beautiful
- Lotion, new perfume
- Handmade Soap
- A new article of clothing
9. Something to Encourage Her Interests and Hobbies
- Does she like to bake? Something new for her kitchen
- Does she like to play cards with friends? A new deck of cards.
- Gardening? New gloves, seeds, or a hat
- Sewing or Embroidery? Some floss threads
- Crosswords Puzzles book or a 500 piece puzzle
- Does she like to travel? A park pass for National or Local Parks, or Museum passes.
10. Service to Bless Her
- This gift doesn’t come with wrapping and a bow, but bless the older woman in your life by offering your hands.
- You can clean her house or bring a meal over.
- Read a favorite book aloud.
- Take her clothes shopping.
- If the older woman is your husband’s mom, then encourage him to take her on a date. She will love this!
We hope this list sparked some ideas for gifts for the Christian women on your Christmas list, or maybe you found some ideas to put on your own Christmas wish list!
Take a look at the other Gift Guides we created:
- 10 Gift Ideas for the Christian Women on Your Christmas List
- 10 Gift Ideas for the Christian Girls on Your Christmas List
- 10 Gift Ideas for the Christian Moms in Your Life
- 10 Gift Ideas for the Christian Wife on Your Christmas List
- Last-minute Homemade (Meaningful) Christian Gift Ideas
We would love for you to share any gift ideas for Christian women you’ve come up with. Feel free to add them below in the comments!
It’s here! We knew we wanted to encourage you to not just “get through” the holiday season, but really INVEST in this season of giving.