I was saved after a youth event at my high school at the age of 14. But it took another decade before Jesus truly became Lord of my life.
When I finally made the decision to start living for Him in word and deed, my life changed drastically. The friends I had fell away. The jobs I took carried a different weight. The way I spent my Sunday mornings started to matter. Everything changed and I’ve never been the same.
But the Christian life wasn’t what I thought it would be. I tried to be good, to be a better person, but I failed often. I couldn’t understand why I kept dealing with the same sins over and over again. And even where I was living right, the Christian community around me kept telling me I was getting it all wrong.
Then, my life started crashing down around me. My marriage was falling apart. My business imploded around me. Friendships dissolved at rapid speed. My health took a turn for the worse.
Life was dismal and I couldn’t understand why. Wasn’t I a Christian? Is this whole thing even real? Is HE real?
I began to question everything I had come to believe about God, Christ, His church, and Christianity. As a result, I had to systematically begin to put my faith back together by taking my questions one at a time and searching God’s word for the answers.
I had to prove that God exists, that His word is true, and that I could trust Him.
It was through this trial that God began to root in me a deep, deep conviction that I must know what His word says and that I must live according to His word. But not so I can be a better person or feel better about my life, but so that I could know Him and make Him known.
I have spent the last few years asking God to do a deep cleansing of my soul. To root out anything that is of me and replace it with only what is of Him. I am learning what it means to fling open the doors and windows of my soul to Him so that I can live a grace-motivated intentional life for His glory. I’d love to help you do the same!
Intentional By Grace
The mission of Intentional By Grace is to equip women with the tools and inspiration necessary to live gospel-motivated lives for Him. Here at Intentional By Grace I chronicle my journey through life, sharing what I’m learning, putting wheels on God’s Word in practical every day moments.
I’ve been blogging for almost ten years, so there are a lot of posts buried here and there throughout the site. Within posts, I’m obsessive (yes, obsessive) about linking to older posts for you. So, you could follow rabbit trails for days around here. That’s my personal favorite way to lose myself in a blog of interest. But if you want something a little more concrete, this post will help. It’s pretty comprehensive of the best of the best on Intentional By Grace. Or you could start here.
Living intentionally for the glory of God is my passion.
Writing is how I process my thoughts, and blogging is how I translate these thoughts into the world. I pray you enjoy your time here at Intentional By Grace. I pray you are encouraged to live intentionally and creatively within your own sphere of influence because God has made you for a unique purpose. You have a beautiful story to tell, and I pray this blog inspires you to live fully into your God-given story of worship.
How to get involved in the Intentional By Grace community…
Get intentional living tips and Biblical encouragement sent right to your inbox. Invite me into your inbox here!
Are you ready to start living intentionally right now?
- Start with the basics and check out my FREE eCourse. 4 Lies We Believe that Keep Us from Changing is a free 4-day online course that will help you identify the key trigger points that keep you from making the changes you know you need to make. Learn more here.
- Get motivated right now. Head on over to my store and check out my popular eBooks.
- Live for Him: A Grace-Filled Look at Planning :: An eBook that will help you develop a mission statement for your life as well as put together a clear plan of action.
- Planning 101: How to Be More Intentional with Your Time :: A eWorkbook that walks you step-by-step through how to plan your days more effectively.
- 7-Day Scripture Study: Learning to Live Intentionally By Grace :: A study guide that will help you discover what the Bible says about the purpose and reason for living intentionally.
- Jump all the way in with one of my bundles. Learn more about how you get my resources for less here!
When you join the Intentional By Grace community, you’ll be motivated by grace to live intentionally for Him.
And last but not least…
I love hearing from readers! You can reach me anytime at email@example.com.